Support from CIBC

On March 18, 2014 CJHS received a $300,000 donation from CIBC through the RESOLVE Campaign. This significant donation from CIBC will go towards the construction and relocation of CJHS's Bedford House.

The donation was made public through a press release and was celebrated at a CIBC event showcasing their new Private Wealth Management branch in Bankers Hall. Many high profile Calgarians attended the event including Deputy Chief of Police Trevor Daroux and Olympic Gold medalist Kyle Shewfelt. Well known Calgary philanthropists were also on hand to listen to Stephen Davis, Chairman, CJHS Board of Directors and the Honorable Jim Prentice, Senior Executive Vice-President and Vice-Chairman of CIBC speak to the importance of community investment and explain who CJHS is and what we do to prevent crime and homelessness in the Calgary community. Let’s celebrate this is a significant donation and important milestone together!


Richard Deschenes, Lead Gifts Director, RESOLVE
Trevor Daroux, Deputy Chief of Police
Stephen Davis, Chairman, CJHS Board of Directors Gord Sand, Executive Director CJHS

Stephen Davis, Chairman, CJHS Board of Directors addressing the audience beside the Honorable Jim Prentice, Senior Executive Vice-President and Vice-Chairman of CIBC.



2014 CJHS Calendars

We're selling 2014 calendars featuring photos taken by local youth served by our programs.
Contact our office at 403.266.4566 to find out how to get your copy for $10


Raising the Roof

2014 marks the 17th Annual Toque Campaign!  The national campaign has raised over $3.5 million for local, Partner Agencies working towards long-term solutions to homelessness. 

Here in Calgary, we are partnering with our friends at the Servants Anonymous Society (SAS) to raise funds that will directly support the work of our agencies in serving the homeless in our community. Toques are $10 each and 80% of all sales in Calgary are split equally between CJHS and SAS. The other 20% funds national Raising the Roof initiatives that contribute to long-term solutions to homelessness.



Give us a call at 403.266.4566 to get your toque now!



The Calgary John Howard Society is dedicated to reducing the incidence of crime and increasing community safety through preventative and restorative justice practices.

We provide: Direct services to individuals at risk, Advocacy for effective responses to crime and the individuals involved and Education for youth and adults in the community

We are grateful for the generous support from these and other organizations:

UWLogo CalgaryLearnsCSCLogoALFLogoCalgaryLogoABLogoCanada Donate Now Through!


click here for our current career opportunities